Have made my way to Eferding and Waizenkirchen... both in Austria.....Here the family worked until they were sponsored to go to the US... it is absolutely picture post card beautiful here... mountains everywhere...valleys, little streams, the aschach river and the danube... all within 10 km...breathtaking!!
don't have a reliable internet connection so I havent been able to post any new pictues... but as soon as I get to Germany I hope to have better internet... :)
The weather has cooperated pretty much my entire trip... until today... got caught in a thunderstorm and about pooped my pants... i HATE lightening and thunder... the thunder seems to echo off the mountains and be ten times louder and I swear i was closer to lightening than i have ever been...
i have added to my romanian tan... got a nice austrian/alps sunburn on my cheeks...:)
I am staying with friends of my aunt here in austria... they are super nice and i feel like i am staying at a5star hotel... they have fixed all sorts of authentic austrian dishes... ( liver dumpling soup, some sort of marinated pork, great freen lettuce salads fresh from the garden, semmelknoedel ( bread type dumplings ) griesknoedel soup,,, ( dumplings made out of farina ... )schnitzel, crokettes, beer, wine, marillen ( a fruit like a plum/apricot DELICIOUS) and great bread for breakfast.... phenominal coffee with real cream
looking forward to traveling tomorrow... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment