Friday, June 10, 2011

I am HERE

Holy Schmolly !

I don't even know where to start ....  The flights and connections were all smoooooooth... the best flights I have ever flown on... and I didn't have any problems anywhere !   Cora couldn't pick me up at the airport because she had a final exam but that was ok... she had emailed me that her dad would pick me up ... ( he was there with his little sign )    Timisoara on a map looks like a big city but the airport is smaller than South Bend's.   It's like the land that time forgot... old comunist government buildings everywhere, crumbling and falling apart. Lots of concrete buildings  and then right next door you see a brand new Toyota dealership.

Cora's dad speaks German and English so we communicated just fine .   Cora met us about an hour later and took me to stay in her friends apartment for the night so I could get a good night's sleep and be rested for her plans for me :)

I was left with a loaf of bread, and a bag of cherries - bananas, apple and an orange on the table.  She made me some rice /vanilla pudding and then some sort of noodles with white cheese to heat up for later.  The stove is gas and she left me matches to get it started. :)

Despite the simplicity- they all have cell phones and I am stealing internet from someone in this building :)

Cora is picking me up tomorrow around 11... then having lunch with her family.  She and I will then start exploring the villages I came here to find.  We will end the day by sleeping in a monestary where she knows people so that we will be fresh and ready to go for "pentecost" festivities... whatever the heck that means !  :)   
heading out to explore the neighborhood now and then back here to sleep!   I am exhausted.... Hardly slept a wink on the plane... much too excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment